Special Podcast Episode: ADA-EASD Hyperglycemia Management 2022
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is excited to announce that the latest episode of “Diabetes Core Update,” its podcast for primary care clinicians, is dedicated exclusively to covering the updates to the recent consensus report from the ADA and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) on the management of hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes.
Special Edition: ADA-EASD Consensus on Hyperglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes
Total Time: 22:56 | File Size: 31.5 MB
In this episode, Dr. Neil Skolnik, the host and producer of Diabetes Core Update, is joined by Vanita Aroda, MD, Director of Diabetes Clinical Research at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, MA, and Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Aroda is a co-author of ADA-EASD consensus report, and in this episode of Diabetes Core Update, she discusses the updates to the 2022 report and the key-takeaways for managing and treating hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes, including:
- Improving equity of care, and how social determinants of health affect the management of hyperglycemia
- The importance of an individualized and person-centered approach to management
- The importance of weight loss and the use of evidence from randomized controlled trials on glucose-lowering medications to support evidence on weight loss/weight gain
- Recommendations on physical activity
- Updates on glucose-lowering therapies
REFERENCES AND RELATED RESOURCES
Management of Hyperglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes, 2018. A Consensus Report by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)
2019 Update to: Management of Hyperglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes, 2018. A Consensus Report by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)
Diabetes Core Update is a monthly audio podcast devoted to presenting and discussing the latest clinically relevant articles from ADA’s four scholarly journals: Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum.